Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Putting On My Big Girl Pants

Do you ever feel totally run down? Between the kids, the pets, taking care of the home, your spouse, and your job life just gets so busy! It can leave a mother EXHAUSTED and feeling like she is running on empty. I have been feeling like this recently. I work from home as a self-published author. I take care of the home and our 8 month old daughter. I also have been dealing with trying to get our daughter insurance coverage (this ordeal began when I was pregnant so we are well into the 1 year mark of frustrations upon frustrations). There are times like today when I just want to throw up my arms and say "I'm finished! I have no more to give!". I then want to hop on the train and ride the rails till I find a secluded snowy cabin where I can recharge for a few days. Yet, running away is not possible and it will not solve any problems. In fact I'd probably come home to even more, bigger problems! So, I continue on. I keep working on my book and moving quickly toward publication. I savor every moment with my daughter and when I'm on the phone I take a deep breath and say, "Lord help me to win this battle by responding Christ like and remaining faithful. I know you are taking care of us and even this frustration You can handle". I also have found the website Pintrest to be quite therapeutic. I enjoy finding new ways to come up with gifts for house-warmings, birthdays, holidays, etc. I have found lots of good activities to remember as our daughter grows, and I even used some ideas when decorating our home! Pintrest is great for a gal on a TIGHT budget! Being a mother is WONDERFUL. Staying home with her everyday and pursuing my dream of becoming a fairly successful author is a dream come true! I am very blessed and I love my position as: wife, mom, author. Yet, as wonderful as it is, it is still life and life comes with stress, so on days like today when I feel like I can't go on I have to remember just how far I've already traveled in my journey with the Lord and I put on my big girl pants, and continue on. "Let us run with patience the race that is set before us. Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him, endured the cross, despising the shame and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." (Hebrews 12:1b-2)

No comments: