Sunday, March 1, 2009

I'm Sorry

I'm sorry that I've neglected my blog so much this year. I will try to update more frequently this month. Things here are crazy busy, but that is not an excuse.

There is so much going on in my life that I don't know where to begin, so I'll just share things as they come to me.

1. I still haven't heard about the g.t.a job. So I could use prayer that I get the job. I would really love to be able to stay here and continue on to eventually earn my phD. I think that would open so many more doors for me to be able to serve the Lord by serving His children in times of crisis.

2. As I ponder the fact that my birthday is in less than 3 weeks and I will be more than halfway through my 20's I have a lot to think about.
A. God is always here for us. If we allow Him to be with us at all times the good times will be that much more special and the bad times will be just a little bit easier to go through.
B. Life is about community and that means being with other people. I'm a natural introvert, so my first inclination is to go to work/school/church and then come straight home. Add in the things I've been through in life and it should come as no surprise that I have a hard time making friends. But this semester I've really been trying to cultivate more friendships and it is paying off. I'm getting to know more people and that is awesome. One of the reasons why I'm hesitant to move, I'm finally starting to feel at home here.
C. Laughter really is the best medicine. If I can laugh at some point than it was a good day. Being able to laugh does so much for us, and there are many studies to back me up too!
D. Life really does speed up as we get older! The older I get the more I realize that time is somewhat relative. I can't believe that it is already March 1, 2009. This year is rushing by me and I want it to slow down! There is so much I want to do and I feel like I'll never find the time to do it all. Yet, even 5 years ago I didn't feel this rush of time quite so acutely.

3. GOD is so amazing.

4. Our military deserves so much better than we are giving them. The more I learn about CSD (combat stress disorder, aka combat PTSD) the more I realize we are doing them a great disservice, yet they are still willing to give up everything for us. The suicide rate in the military is WAY up in all branches, and some of that is due to the fact that the men/women are not receiving the counseling they need. That makes me cry.

5. GOD NEEDS to be first in our lives. Any other place is just wrong. God can do so much for us, if we would just let Him have free reign in our lives. Our lives would be so much more joy filled. There will still be hard times, but if we rely on God during those times we will get through and we will come out of them better people. God is such a loving God. He is just, holy, almighty as well, but He is a Father that loves us so much, and as such He wants to be there with us each step of the way.

Well, I guess that is good for now. It is snowing outside, and class is cancelled tomorrow, so I get to work on homework all day and watch 24 in the evening. 2 hours too!!!

Have a blessed beginning of March. It is roaring here!

In Christ,
Paige

No comments: