Thursday, March 26, 2009

Whatever Will Be Will Be


As many of you may not be aware I am supposed to be in Texas right now, enjoying the early morning sun and the promise of 70-80 degree weather. Instead I'm in L-burg with long sleeves and jacket on to fight off the chill of the rainy weather.

I was going to fly down to Texas to see my Grandpa and Uncle and help out anyway I could for the memorial service for my step-grandmother. I generally fly out of Raleigh because it is less than 3 hours away and it gives me a chance to see my family, which I love. Plus L-burg is a tiny airport so Raleigh is generally cheaper. Many good reasons.

My car, Mr. Roboto is a 1991 4-speed manual Honda Civic. I love Mr. R and he has been a great car for my sis and now for me. I am starting to come to terms with the idea that I might need to let him retire this calendar year. My dream car is a first generation Honda Fit.

On Tuesday I was leaving L-burg to drive down to Raleigh and I was about 4 miles south of town on the highway when Mr. R. decided to quit accelerating. So, as soon as I could I pulled off to a side road and got out of the way of traffic. I turned my car off and started praying that the Lord would fix him. I restarted the car and he started right up, the engine would rev, but it wouldn't go. I had a stationary car.

So I called the mechanic and they came and towed Mr. R. to the shop and long story short on the car end, he is getting a brand new clutch! How lucky for him!!!

Well that was not the end of the story, I still had to try and find a way to get down to Raleigh. So my friend that picked me up took me to campus and we got online and made a reservation for me to rent a car to drive down to Raleigh. Well, long story short there I can't rent a car in VA because I have a Wyo license and no major credit card (I'm resistant on getting a credit card, but this may be a sign that having one for emergencies might be a good idea).

So in lieu of going to Texas for a few days (Wed-Sun) I'm staying home. I'm disappointed that I don't get to see my family and the warm Texas weather, but Queenie was glad to see me come home. And at least my Mr. R. decided to break down near town where I could easily deal with it, and I have great friends that are being very helpful in my car less days.

I am learning to just roll with the punches, I wish I could be with my family, but God has a reason for me being here and not there and I just need to trust Him and enjoy being where I am. Whatever will be will be, I can't change circumstances but I can control how I react and the attitude that I have about my circumstances and I'm trying to look on this as a positive thing, because it is more fun to be around cheerful people.

So while I'm not sitting under the Texas sun right now, I'm still smiling and I'm still going to enjoy my weekend. And hopefully Mr. Roboto will be released from the car doctor this afternoon, but if not, that is ok too!

-Paige-

No comments: