Sunday, August 15, 2010

Paige's Vows (an excerpt from the novel)

So one of the things that the character in my novel is doing is to ponder her one day wedding. I think that ALL girls do this at some point. We like to dream and we like to dream of the perfect wedding. For each of us the perfect wedding is something different. For my character, at least right now, she thinks the perfect wedding includes personally penned vows. So, I thought I'd give y'all a glimpse into Paige's world and let you see the vows that she wrote to her future groom. I hope you enjoy this little bit of the book...

To my husband:

When I was a little girl I prayed to marry prince charming, and today God is answering that prayer. You are my prince, the man that God set apart for me to love and to return that love with your own. I vow that I will not be perfect, but I will do my best. I will love you with my whole heart and mind. I will be right there beside you through all the ups and downs of life.

Whether we are rich or poor, sick or healthy, living in the city or out in the middle of the Amazon, I'll be your constant companion. I vow to love, forgive, encourage, listen and respect you. I vow to make mistakes and to do my best to fill our home with laughter. Mostly I vow to do my best to follow Christ's leading as He continues to mold me into the woman He wants me to be, and the wife you need. I love you.

******************** (copyright protected btw)****************************

No comments: