Sunday, October 17, 2010

Heaven

One of my favorite things to do when I'm not feeling good (and when I am) is to think about heaven. I think maybe I like to dream of my future home because this earth isn't so great.

Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of joy to be found here. I have a family that loves and supports me, I have a wonderful man that loves me, I have friends that are a joy, I have 2 pets that are highly entertaining, I have so many blessings in my life. The best blessing is a God that adores me, that paints me a new picture every morning and throughout the day He is busy changing it (just a little bit).

Yet, there are also so many struggles. I fight my sin nature (and lose) all the time, I deal with repercussions of the rape, with R.A., with trying to find a job, having to bid a final adieu to people that I love. I have to go to court (BAH...long story...no I'm not a harden criminal, I just like to drive quickly and it turns out that if you drive TOO fast you get in trouble!).

Heaven is going to be a place that is rid of all the results of sin. I'll never get sick or hurt, I won't have to constantly battle my sin nature, and I'll be done saying good-bye.

To make matters even better, I'll get to worship at the feet of JESUS. I'll enter through the gate made of the finest pearl, walk on golden streets, past the most beautiful crystal sea (where I might pause to just soak in the beauty) and finally I'll enter the throne room and FINALLY bow at the feet of Christ where my voice will be beautiful in its praise and worship of my beloved and deserving savior!!!

Heaven will be so wonderful, I can't even imagine! The battle will be finished, and victory will be for all those that have trusted Christ, and the victor will be Christ himself, God Almighty. Heaven will be filled with His presence.

The food will be more magnificent than mere words can capture, the beauty of the landscape will be indescribable, and God will be beyond all that! Pops was right when he said "Glory!" that is what we will all be muttering, "Glory, Hallelujah, Praise be to the Lamb!"

Heaven, such a fun dream, and a dream that will one day be my reality! For now, I must come down from the dreams of golden streets and worshipful choirs and I must do the work that I am created to do, and that is to love and serve Christ by loving and serving others in all the opportunities I am given. Heaven is the prize, but earth is the race, and I must continue mine.

No comments: