Saturday, October 30, 2010

I'm Going to the Chapel...

In just over 30 days I'm going to be heading to my church here in VA and I'm going to be...GETTING MARRIED! That's right folks, I've finally found that man that God has for me. It is very exciting, wonderful, marvelous, scary, weird and sweet. In life we make decisions every single day. Some of them are minor, and a few are life altering.

In the past few months I've had to make a lot of minor decisions and a few major ones. The biggest decision a person can make is about salvation. Your decision to either follow Christ or to go it alone will affect you for all eternity. Choose today to serve Christ, and you will forever look on that as the best decision you ever made.

The second most important decision is your decision on whom to marry. Marriage is a vow that we make before Holy God and it is NOT to be undone. We promise to live with, stand by and love the other person for the rest of our lives. That's it. We don't promise "I will love you till it becomes inconvient or I change my mind." If you want to understand how holy and unbreakable God views vows (of any kind) just turn to the Old Testament (the first part of the Bible).

There are minor decisions, that seem major when we have to make them. For example, our careers. It seems like a major decision because we spend so much time at work, and what we decide to do will affect how much $ we make. But in the scheme of things, it is minor. What I mean is, if we choose to change it is not a sin. We can change all we want and still be in the "Will of God".

OF course there are the really minor decisions: what to eat, what to wear, what to watch on tv, what hobbies to take up, where to live. All these are decisions to make, and as long as we are following "Whatsover is true, whatsover is right, whatsoever is pure..." that God is proud of our decisions. More than likely what I choose to eat for breakfast will not affect my life 12 years from now. It is a minor decision.

What decisions have you made lately, and what verses do you use to guide your decisions?

No comments: