Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Waiting... I'm not Good at it!

So one thing I am learning in the past 7 days is that I am not good at waiting! Most people already know that, especially if they see me around presents. Even if I buy the gift and wrap it myself, I'm not good at waiting for people to unwrap it, presents are meant to be unwrapped! I'm like a little kid, I have no patience for waiting to open my gifts, or to wait for others to open what I give them! For me the enjoyment comes from the act of opening it...which means I'm just as happy finding a new hairbrush in a wrapped box as I am finding a diamond ring! Ok, maybe I will be more excited to get my engagement ring when the time comes, but really, I just love to open stuff!

So now you know you can just wrap me an empty box for Christmas! But, that is not the only way that I lack patience. I don't like to wait to see people. Like, this week seems to be going at a snail's pace because I'm excited to see my parents. To show my Dad around my home for the first time, and get to cook them dinner, to go to Appomattox and Nelson with Mom. As slow as this week is progressing, once they get here time will speed up.

Not only that, but my friend is off doing his military stuff and I don't get to talk to him for a while longer, and waiting for him to get back so I can hear how it all went and this means for the future is agonizing. I pray for him daily and know that he is off doing what he loves and is good at doing, but still the lack of communication is not much fun on my end! It will be nice when he gets back.

One thing I do have patience for is kids. I love to be around kids, and help them learn and grow. Which is why I have a degree in education. Yet, as much as I love to teach, I don't like being what I have to teach, which is partly why I'm not teaching right now. I know what I think students should learn, and the government disagrees with me, which is where they are wrong!

That and I feel like the Lord is calling me to do His work as counselor. Unfortunately I have experiences that help me relate to women and children and because of those experiences I have a NEED to help them. I took a long journey to recovery and I want to help others hasten their journey to emotional health.

Life is about learning from mistakes, not only personal ones, but if we can learn from being around others, it saves us a whole lot of heartache.

So tonight I am blogging as I WAIT for "On the Record" to come on so I can watch the conclusion of the Brett Favre interview. Once again, I find myself waiting. I think I spend most of my life waiting for something. Of course we are all to be eagerly waiting on the Lord's return! Boy that will be a day!

Tonight I will use this time to try and grow some more patience. May you find the things you have to wait for to be that much sweeter because of your patience.

-Goodnight-

No comments: