Monday, March 22, 2010

Chance Encounter! :)

Our globe really is a small world after all! Here I am sitting at the Richmond Int'l Airport minding my own business, when I happen to look up from my laptop screen (I was working on finishing up a paper). I see that some passengers are heading toward the baggage claim when I do a double take. Lo and behold 2 friends from college are at the airport!

This is a guy that I haven't seen in YEARS but was a GREAT friend of mine in college, we just lost touch. He was with his wife (gf when I knew them). I've been praying for them and wondering what had happened to them! The Lord is amazing. HE knew I needed the boost of seeing an old friend. I think my friend was as shocked as I was that we ran into each other.

We talked for about 15 minutes, but they wanted to get to their car. At least now I have his updated e-mail, cell phone and snail mail addresses so we can hopefully stay in touch better.

I just love chance encounters, they bring a smile to my face and renew my energy, which I need since at 10:00pm I have to get in my car and drive the 2.5 hours to my apartment! What a blessing the Lord brought my way. I pray that you can find all the blessings of each day.

No comments: