Saturday, March 27, 2010

Satisfying my Wondering

So just out of sheer wonderment I did some exploring online this week. I looked at some of the major online dating sites to see just how expensive it is find love online. I have to say that it surprised me.

Eharmony.com has 2 options: Basic and Total Connect. They give you 3 options in each plan. 3 months, 6 months, and 12 months of service. Now, if you just look at it you see the prices. With the Basic 3 month plan it says $44.95/month. Now that is staggering enough, but if you read the fine print you are billed for all three months at once, so the cheapest payment to eHarmony is $134.85

Match.com is another site that I visited. Match.com will bill you monthly, so you don't have the staggering one installment fee. For the basic membership without any frills it will cost ya $35/month to be on match.com There are extras you can add on- Highlighted profile, e-mail read notification (so you know when people you contacted read your messages)and a first impressions thingy. Each of those will cost ya $5/month.

Christiancafe.com is a dating site dedicated to helping Christians meet other christians. In that area it sounds promising. Christian cafe allows you 10 days free, and if you post a photo you get 3 extra free days, so you can get about two weeks free. For every friend that signs up you get an extra few days free as well. This site will let you pay $29 for two weeks, $35 for a month and on up from there.

Those are the main sites I visited. Out of those 3 sites I like ChristianCafe the best because it allows me to view profiles and photos before I have to even sign up for an account, which is interesting.

I am not totally sure yet what I think of online dating, I know I've talked about it before on here. I still think going to bar and meeting your soul mate is best (ummm...I meant church choir...!) ;) But, online dating is growing in popularity. It seems to look for a lot of people. It isn't for everyone, but that is what makes life so interesting-we can be friends with people and we all have our own stories! I love it!

No comments: