Thursday, March 11, 2010

My Deepest Fear

Well folks after my last post I need to write about something a little bit lighter. So I thought I would confide my deepest fear! I am terrified of roller-coasters! I don't even really like to watch my friends ride them because I'm afraid to witness a tragedy (and yes there have roller-coaster related injuries and deaths in history).

I know that MILLIONS of people ride coasters each year and survive. In fact I hear the testimonies of friends that say coasters are...FUN! I know, these people must be on something! Who in their right mind would think the death coasters are fun!?! These are the people that probably keep counselors in business because they are psycho, right?

Is my phobia really justified? Ever since a conversation I had a few months ago with 3 "friends" I have been wondering. Being me, I have also done some research and it turns out that NOT everyone who mounts a coaster dies! Yep there is not a 100% mortality rate on the scary things! In fact the coasters at theme parks like Disney and Busch Gardens are pretty safe. Weird!

The 3 "friends" I mentioned are great, I love them! But in April (that is NEXT month! GULP) are going to make me pay to go to Busch Gardens here in VA and ride a coaster! I have been told that I'm not getting out of it. 27 years is old enough to overcome this phobia.

So like it or not, in just over a month I'm going to be strapped into a coaster and whirled around a track and just maybe, if I pray really hard before and during, and if I have others interceding on my behalf I will be able to walk away after the ride and not plummet to my death.

Valium anyone? Tequila maybe? Lord, I pray in advance that you forgive the foolishness that I will commit when I ride the death coaster, and please protect me!

PS...If I survive I'll blog all about the trip- I'll even include pictures! :) But, the key is that I'll have to survive...

No comments: