Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Missing My Beloved

There are times when I can be in my library and my hubs will be in his computer room and I'll miss him. I'll actually miss him. To the point where I get up and go into his room just to be near him. It is weird. I never expected to love someone to the point that I'd miss him when we were in different rooms.

When I think about how much I love my husband and how much I just need to be around him I think about Christ and I realize that I should have the same feelings, but deeper for Christ. When I go a few hours without checking in with Christ I should be crazy to get near Him again.

God is the fountain, the giver of Life. God is the source for everything. If I miss anyone it should be God first. God is the air that we breathe, He is our strength and our energy. God is love.

So why is it that there are days when it is so much easier to ignore God? Why is that even though I love Him so dearly, I can so easily put him behind other things? How can I love God, but not desire God?

As I ponder those questions I think the answer lies in my heart and my attitude. Loving God takes dedication. But, it is like anything else. The more I do the more it becomes a part of me. Loving D didn't happen over night. Our love is developing. I need to dedicate myself to God, I need to be intentional about my love and my relationship with Him. The more intention I put into it, the less I will have to future.

The love and the yearning grows as I spend more time with Him. My actions will grow to match my heart. It takes time, prayer, and it is a choice. I choose to need God. I choose to put my reliance in Him. I choose to make Him my all in all.

-JP-

No comments: