Friday, December 17, 2010

Marriage: Day 13

When you have found your "Forever Love" it is a very special thing indeed, and you need to hold onto him/her with all your strength. In this day and age when a marriage is more likely to end in divorce than a natural death, it is very important to work at the relationship. It is also important to remind yourself of just how special the relationship is.

I have found my "Forever Love" and I feel so blessed. I can't believe that God gave me such a wonderful man to be my: best friend, cheerleader, encourager, leader, and yes my lover too. D is an answer to 20+ years of praying, dreaming, hoping and wondering.

There are times when I'm so in love and weirded out that I just want to cry happy tears. I say weirded out because there are times when it feels weird to be married and I feel like I'm in a dream (a very good dream) and I KNOW that I don't deserve this much joy.

I'm just me! I screw up all the time! I'm a pathetic sinner that deserves to be thrown in a pit, and yet I'm treated like a princess! Not only do I have a husband that lavishes me with his love, but EVEN BETTER I have a God that has declared me "Not Guilty" and given me eternity in Heaven to reign as one of HIS children.

I can't believe how blessed I am. Yet my head is not totally in the clouds. I still have the day to day stress of life on earth to deal with. I'm STILL job hunting, and getting rather frustrated with my lack of being able to secure a decent job. We are making enough money to get by, but we are doing just that- getting by. I have my RA to deal with, and my nightmares that I never know when they are going to show up. I have friends and family, and that comes with ups and downs- when they are struggling, so am I. So, yes I'm living in the real world and not just the land of "Newlywed Bliss".

The bottom line is that I have my mate beside me and that is cause for great joy. I'm no longer on a 1 person journey. Not that I ever was just me. I've always had my parents and more importantly I've had Jesus. But, it is different when you've found your spouse.

A spouse is God's gift. He/She is the special someone that God gives us to really show us how not alone we are. I love it!

Thank You Jesus for D. Help us to stay focused on You. Help us to use the daily ups and downs, the mountain tops and the dark valleys to grow closer to each other and to further cement our lives in You. Amen."

-JP-

No comments: