Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Marriage: Day 18 (I think!)

There are a lot of really good parts of marriage. I will admit that on the top of the list is the sex, but we are going to leave it at that! There is something else I want to talk about tonight. This is after all a family friendly blog.

The camaraderie of marriage is amazing! It is wonderful to have someone that cares about each and every one of my hurts, fears, and needs. It is a wonderful feeling to know that my husband would do just about anything for me, if I really needed it. Knowing that my frustrations, annoyances and fears don't have to be dealt with on my own is comforting. It is also exciting and wonderful to be that someone for him- to let him know that he has a partner to help him deal with all of life.

I don't have to worry about the times that I can't really see God, because I have someone to help me, someone to remind me to trust HIM. The relationship that D and I are developing is an earthly example of the companionship and intimacy that God yearns for us to develop with HIM. I have a husband that loves me, and I have GOD that loves me more than D ever could.

I can be myself, because I know that even when I get angry, D will still be there and be willing to forgive and make me see the humor and see that just maybe I was wrong. I have a husband that can get angry and expect to have the humor pointed out to him in the end. Just as God probably chuckles at each of us (in a loving way) when we do something, and he thinks "Crazy people- calm down, it will all work out." D and I can chuckle at each other.

D and I can laugh together, sing together, "play" together, pray together, read Scripture together, relax together, cry together, get angry, tease, and just be together. It is amazing the amount of companionship there is in a marriage. Even having had a roomie in my apartment didn't really prepare me for the companionship in marriage. :-)

Marriage really is to be the mirror relationship of how we interact with God. The more I learn and grow in my marriage, the more I can learn and grow in Christ!

In case I haven't mentioned it... I LOVE YOU D!!!! MERRY ALMOST CHRISTMAS!

In Christ
-JP-

No comments: